August 24, 2012

Utah Trip 2012 - Day 6

Let's take a tour around the "farm." Meet Juicy Jean. She arrived just a few days before we did. Olivia wanted a milking cow (because she doesn't have enough on her plate!).

Juicy Jean is a sweet cow - because I have so many other cows to compare her to....riiiiight. But she is really sweet. I've had fantasies of having a cow myself. With organic, raw milk costing about $11-19 a gallon (no joke!) that sucker would pay for itself pretty quick.
The only problem is Juicy Jean makes about 10 gallons of milk a day. With their main fridge needing parts, that only left the second and guest fridge and those were filling up fast.
So the solution? Cheese. Lots and lots of cheese. Here baby #1 and #10 are helping out.

Olivia is separating curds and whey. How very Mrs. Muffet of her.



There are also a few puuuurty horses around these parts. We didn't go riding this trip...but we admired from afar.

Let's take a break and love on my baby. :) Miss O loves Miss S. I named Miss S after Miss O because she is the _________ person (insert any favorable adjective) I know.
Awww. cousins. Wills was in his stranger-danger mode for the first 3 days (of course) but here is one of 4 sweet group moments. :)

Oh Louis. You have grown up so much. Just recently you were the tantrum-throwing 2 year old and now you are the big boy.




Wills started to love the pups. Because the pups were locked up now. 


Here puppy, puppy, puppy.

One of my favorite things about these people is they all get along - no matter the age range. Simple toys and activities fuel hours of entertainment. It's wholesome. It's sweet. I feel so jaded and grungy comparatively. I sure do like city living, but these people - they do make me reconsider.

Wills and John are gluesticks. And vacation time just enhances their bond. Get it? :) I like puns

One of the many fun things to do is swing on their 20 foot tall swing.


Oh miss Amy, can I please take you home? You are sweet as can be. I swear you are pure light.

This series of shots absolutely made my day.


Kimberly - have I told you lately how special you are? I have never met anyone like you. I believe you are a natural born leader; kind, strong, intelligent...a good recipe. You will father the younger flock of kids (7 when mine are there too) and put together games and hours of wholesome fun. I really admire you.

I told my sweet Miss C that she had better warm up to her cousins quick and not let it take 3 days because we only had four. She seemed to take my advice and jumped right in (as much as a shy girl can).

This was just the morning of - country fair coming up!


No comments: