August 23, 2012

Why I homeschool

Most people think I'm crazy to homeschool.
It could be they are worried about my kid's education.
Or their social life.
Or that I'm making religious zealots out of them.
But in reality it's none of those - I just love 'em a lot.

And I know how fast this stage goes.

Sometimes way too fast - like the cuddly, squishing baby phase Savannah is in.
Or way too slow - like the tantrum throwing stage William is in.

But what I know for sure is I do love them. And I want them growing up together. And am super greedy about my time with them. 
Even on the days when all the time spent makes me want to pluck my eyelashes out with needle nose pliers.....

Something like this sequence happens.....

....and then seeing me laughing on the rug with her siblings....
...Charlotte comes to join the baby lovin' party.


And then I melt. The days can be so very long. But Lord help me remember the years are painfully short.

I homeschool because I don't want to miss out on these years. I don't want to miss out on teaching them the things I feel are important to learn and sheltering them just a bit longer from the things I feel are not. 

I homeschool because I want them to grow up together, loving each other and being each other's friends.



No comments: