June 18, 2011

Pioneers

Darling,

A typical conversation with you always gets my cogwheels a turning. This one was no different:

Char: What were those people who came first called again?
Allie: Um....(thinking what this might be, scanning recent topics & school lessons). Oh! Pioneers?
Char: Yes!!! Wouldn't it be fun to live like a Pioneer?
Allie: Hmmm...well...(thinking of all the modern things we wouldn't have) it would be a very hard life, that's for sure.
Char: Are there still Indians? (she means Native Americans people - sorry!)
Allie: Yes. Remember about Reservations?
Char: Oh ya!!!  ........(thinking)
Char: It's not fair mom. They were here FIRST!!
Allie: Ya...I know.....it's just one of those things.....(debating whether this is the right time to get into the topic of power and guns and money and what that does for your power...decided to K.I.S.S.)

Thank you love for all the stimulating convos! I love you and your mind. I love how to you will EXHAUST every topic until you completely understand it (and honestly sometimes I want to run and hide from you for this same reason). I love how you have a very intact sense of compassion and fairness. These are wonderful qualities. Keep them close to you even though often you will wonder why others don't have them as well. Be who you are and others will want to be more of themselves too.

Love, Mom

No comments: