September 21, 2008

Get 'er done

Today was a magical day. The kids were at their godmother's house (since last night at 6pm!!!) and John and I organized the threw out TONS of computer stuff and office "things." Amazing how I always feel lighter when we throw stuff away (actually we Goodwilled most of it, yes that's a verb).

We corralled the 10,000 wire jungle under my desk into something, I dare say, pretty. Not only are they ziptied together in nice bundles, I labeled each cord at each end so I know what it goes to when I am studying the back of my computer or deciding what I can unplug at the power source. It's glorious.

We reworked the office selves to provide efficiency, I vacuumed and wiped down everything, and we just plain had fun in each other's company.

Oh and I watched THREE movies this weekend. You know me, I watch maaaybe 2 movies a month. It was sort of fun jump between vegging out and running around organizing.

I can't tell you what that does for my psyche (everything neat and clean). Seriously.....I was the happiest women alive today. AND the house is still squeaky from the housekeeper.....life is blissful.

Oh and last night I stayed up until 2am watching video clips of the Dugger Family. Seriously, that women is an inspiration.

P.S. I was officially initiated into the "I have bandaged a gnarly kid wound" club today. Luke pulled a speaker down on himself. I am told he was brave and hardly cried (happened at godmother's house). But I did clean, disinfect, and rebandage a pretty gnarly head wound. AND I explained about blood clots. Luke found that absolutely fascinating and was pretty excited about his 'soldiers of cells teaming up to stop the blood from getting past their line.' I feel "aged" my the experience, wizened, seasoned, slightly stronger somehow. I wasn't even there for the accident, and I'm not trying to be dramatic, but knowing that he went through that and then having to play nurse did something to me. I suppose it's training; I suppose there's more of that to come from an active boy.

No comments: