May 13, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

It was another great M Day this year even if we did roast alive at the park......

We have been doing our M Day brunch with my family at parks the past few years. I love it. I love that no one mom has to clean her house to prep or clean her house afterwards. Score! I love playing our traditional game of tag. I love being outdoors. 

But this year....the weather decided to be 99 degrees. No joke. My gaggle of redheads were wilting. Makeup was sliding off female faces. Brows were dripping nonstop. It was memorable!!

To the pictures!!!

I love this pic. I love the warm colors and the yummy lovin' going on between you two.


My sweet sis and her fan

I love my parents more than words. My mom is amazing, amazing, amazing. It's pretty difficult to pay tribute to someone like her. But we tried. 

My brother J is a great uncle. Love you J!

Check out those eyes. They are different colors. Kinda like her personality. Muuuhahahahaaaaa!!! 

Love my seestors!!! 

I love this shot. 
Allie: Sara put down your friggin arm!
Sara: Oh crap, I'm falling over!
J: What the heck?!
Mom: Jesus you guys, can't we just go situated for a dang picture?!
Jess: ....going with the flow
Gab: You guys are soooooo funny
Luke: PHOTOBOMB!

Belly grab!!! We love you soon-to-be-Jack!!!

The lovin' shot. We all love you so much MOM!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for everything, everyday, notice or not - we appreciate the heck outta ya!


Savannie loves her Grammy and gets so excited to see her.


Ah ha!!!! Success is ours! A decent family photo! Wooohooooooo! 

Thank you family for an awesome mother's day. 
This has been a crazy last 12 months of soul searching, baby addition, home schooling extravaganza, rocket ride work statistics, and more soul searching. 

One of the coolest things I realized this year was that there are two ways to look at all my career failures of my teens and 20s. 
1) Failures
2) Doors closing one after another to lead me to my real calling.

I choose #2.
I choose you guys.
I choose family.
For better or for worse, for all the good and bad days, 
This is my dream job!



2 comments:

Sara Estrada said...

I love ou and your family so much! I am so lucky to be part of it!!

Anonymous said...

I just love you so much and the beautiful family you and John created. xoxo