December 31, 2012

Lullabies

I remember the day I knew I was expecting you. It was far too early to know these things.

I remember the day we found out you were a boy. We were pretty excited.

I remember the day you were born. It was such a fabulous day.

I remember the day you started sleeping through the night. Oh praise the Gods - this was a fantastic day.

I remember the first time you asked me "Where's CharChar?" It was precious.

I remember the first time you started singing your lullabies with me. That was tonight. It put a huge grin on my face and warmed my heart. I have been faithfully singing to you for over two years now. 

I started in tonight like every other night singing my usual songs, Jamaican Lullaby and my other recent favorite is an adaptation of "Mr. Sun" by Raffi. I changed the words to "Oh William James, James, William Edward James, please shine down on me" And this is the song you chose to sing with me. Pure sweetness.

I may not remember all the things I want to (hence this blog) but I will always remember the sweetness, joy and exuberance that is you. You are amazing and we love you madly.

No comments: