September 19, 2012

Yosemite - the trip that almost rocked

My good friend Jill Carmel had the radical idea of getting together her favorite people and doing a yearly vacation. I was all in. Jumped head first. Didn't really think it through. That's my style though. 
So after thorough research (understatement) she chose a primo spot in Yosemite. Evergreen Lodge. 

And the vacation that should have rocked starts......
(thank god I did Yosemite a few years back)

Stress Marker #1: The car ride......lots of moutain driving and after such a LONG car trip to Utah and Back Wills thinks he should be allowed to roam the car as he pleases the whole car trip long. Oh really little buddy? Is that so?? Yes, yes it is mom - check me and my fab juice box. Notice how we are in front of the carseat to which I will fight you about sitting in. Hear me roar!
Stress much? 


Stress Marker #2: My love angel. Well she is not the source of the stress - but her precious sleep is. She normally sleeps like a queen and smiles all day long. But when siblings are in the close quarters of a car  with her for 7.5 hours - well then - all hell breaks loose and she turns to the the dark side. The supreme, unstoppable, can't console, dark side. Oh help me.
But let us admire the beauty specimen that she is. Siiiiiigh

Luke - oh Luke - why are you always even-keeled and wonderful?! I love you. You are no stress marker my friend. Quite the opposite.

But wait - let's go back to my Puti (short for Puttanesca - my adsurd nickname). Isn't she a doll??? xoxo

First stop - side of road upon entering Yosemite. Savannah's diaper situation required two adults to get under control. But it was a blessing in disguise as we all needed a little leg stretch. Luke finds fungus specimens to examine. Sweet! The smell in the forest is like no other. Amazing. Invigorating. Exciting. I could just feel my lungs getting happier by the minute.



Stress Marker #3: The inability to see and experience the sights. Our next stop: the Observation Deck at the South Entrance. Did we stop??? No :((( The babies were sleeping. Ahhh, isn't parenting bliss? LOL So we drove, oh so slowly by........this is one of my favorite spots of Yosemite. It's breathtaking. I asked Luke to snap this shot from the front seat as I drove by with a sad face.

More amazing views....... Yosemite you are breathtaking. 

This sequence was an adorable moment. One I am just beside myself with and pinch myself to remind me it's real...yes - but one I am a lucky fool to witness. You kids are amazing.


 And next we have one of many cool children's spots throughout the resort. The older two loved this! Wills was napping with John and Savannah was in the stroller. This was about the extent of our "family time" - a few with each other here and there..........vacationing with babies = not a vacation. Stress marker #4. The vacationing with babies part - not the super cool kid's spots.
You two loved this.

A lot.

Here you said "Mom! Watch me! I'm going to jump! Get it on camera!"


Another awesome thing? The family room. Equipped with a pool table, two fooseball tables, shuffleboard, and a small children's area that was very thoughtfully laid out.

I love this shot sequence! VICTORY!


Wills and the fooseball became buddies.

Well - with my inability to sleep for the two days we were there (stress marker #5), and the fact that we didn't have a kitchen (what was I thinking?!) stress marker #6, and the fact that we had NO cell service (stress marker #7), and the fact that we had to be at the cabin with a napping baby ALL THE TIME (stress marker #8) all added up to = it was time to leave, a day early, and come back when Savannah turns 5.

Lesson Learned. 
Beautiful Sights seen from car window.
A bit o time spent with friends from Highschool.

We will be back Yosemite. Oh yes - we will be back.

No comments: