September 28, 2012

Shoeing a bubble


Getting ready for school little buddy!!! I am so excited for this! Not only are you super ready, I am almost ready, pretty much there, just a little bit longer.

We went to StrideRite to get you some school shoes and you had a whole plan in mind. When we arrived and got you fitted, you kept pointing to the gray and blue shoes. "Oooooooo!" you said and bounced them up and down. I tried ignoring you.

I had another plan. A dark blue plan. A plan that had shoes that wouldn't show stains and mud kind of a plan.

You kept saying "Momma! Ooooo" and showing me the shoes. I felt my plan growing weaker. Dang it! I like solid plans!!

I lovingly continued to ignore you and with the help of the clerk went through every pair of shoes I liked and tested them to see if they were easy to put on your bubble, I mean your foot.

My little man - your foot is so cutely and deliciously fat - but neverthelesss it is incredibly hard to shoe. Said clerk gave me some super helpful tips on shoeing wriggly bubble footed toddlers (thank you!) and after finding the blue ones (above) that open suuuuuper wide - we were in business.

Or so I thought.

After we tried on the blue shoes you showed me the gray ones again and said "Momma! Oooooo!! ALL DONE!!!!" LOL LOL Ok - little buddy, ok. We'll try them on.

Once the magical shoes were on your feet you said "YAY!!!!! ALLLLL DONE!!!" And hopped down. And you still love these shoes 3 weeks later.

No comments: