July 22, 2012

Homeschool Conference Day #3

Phew!! I'm beat. We did SO MUCH today! Again the babies were amazing and a huge shout of to my hubby for being amazingly willing to handle them and stay in the room while they slept, etc. I love you Johnny!

We did all sorts of things today - everything and anything but a few highlights were the Vendor Hall -  (sorry for spending your college funds kids!), Unschooling seminar (amazing), Homeschooling to College seminar (good), Charlotte's crafting seminars (awesome), Teaching Character Building through Story Telling seminar (amazing!), family dance party (so fun!), swimming, mexican BBQ (delicious and cheap!), racket ball (highlight of the trip for Lucas and I), and just being in this place.



 Oh my. A quote I like to say "it's not that you lower your standards as you have more children, it's that you see more and more what matters and what doesn't" I believe in this. I tell it to others. But today sadly, I really did grossly lower my standards so we could actually enjoy our breakfast. Here is William pouring sugar on his bowl of raisins and eating it. Mom of the year award! :) 


As we were strolling about the grounds this evening way past bedtime (and it's because he said "MOMMA!" when I came into the room and wanted to go out with me and there was NO way to say no to that cute face)........

we found the family dance party!!! Have I mentioned how I love these homeschooing people??

I boogied down with my bobber bear and CharChar. Forgot how much I love to dance. It was especially nice because there is no need to feel embarrassed or out of place in a room full of 1-10 year olds and their parents. Just pure fun.

And then we found the racket ball courts while daddy put William & Savannah to sleep. Oh yes.....

Luke has found another thing he loves. And me too!


 Char gave it her best but after an eye injury (she's fine now. It only took 37 minutes of crying) she retired to the room to watch a movie. 
Man oh man were we sweaty. 

But we LOVED it. Every second. Best exercise ever. I will never do machines at the gym again.

This conference had all the pros of a family cruise without the cons. I let the kids roam the hallways and seriously enjoy the freedom to come and go as they pleased. And they pleased alright.d

Oh my little putanesca. Why are you so amazing?

Just my smiling princess who basically hung out in my arms, stroller, baby carrier and just was amazing. There were a few hairy moments when I had to leave a seminar due to your.....protests :) But I really couldn't have asked for a better baby this weekend.

My trusty schedule of events. All folded and creased and sweated and written on. I almost want to frame it I have come to love it so much......(wow what is happening to me?!)

Oh my boy....you had a BLAST being daddy's gluestick, sidekick, right-hand man. This is what you did when I asked for a kiss....ran and hid! :) 


My Char darling - you had an amazing day full of crafting. Yarn dolls, rag dolls, crochet class, knitting class, etc. This seemed to be pure heaven for you. You were so freaking cute running to find me and asking me what your next class was. Then RUNNING to it and making something and then RUNNING back to find me to ask about your next class. You took this very seriously and it was adorable.


Pam Sonoordian gave an amazing speech about unschooling. I was totally against the whole idea of this but I really just didn't know what it was. Amazing seminar Pam. You are a gifted speaker and I love the way you shared your family's story with such bold honesty. I had a lot of good laughs with you. And I learned so so much. I walked out with my spirits lifted and my purpose renewed.

This was a HUGE and amazing day. I ended it under a spell of awesomeness. This has been the best vacation ever so far. I love these amazing homeschooling people. They seriously are the friendliest, and most child-loving people I've met. It's brought me out of my funk in a big way. Thank you homeschooling people of CA!

1 comment:

Jen said...

If you liked CHN, you'll love HSC! It's in Sacramento Aug 2-5. Jim Weiss, Pam Sorooshian, Wes Beach, Sandra Dodd and many more will be there.