July 25, 2012

9 & fine


I can't believe it's been almost a decade! My dearest son....you are the light of my life. You have been a constant source of joy and sweetness, thoughtfulness and love. You are a trickster and are currently specializing in what I sometimes call "annoying noises" but my dear - I love ALL OF YOU!



At our little family party we only had tea lights.....not that you cared when it was the brownie & cookie cake your dad devised (because I forgot the cake part of the day!!!) you were after. It's the little things like this that have been slipping my mind lately.....but that's another topic.

look at your sweet face....

a 9 year old face...




the gang came over & your Auntie, Uncle, Grammy and Grandpa came along to Mountasia for some laser tag, video games and rock climbing.


Char always rocks the house in the rock department

Laura and Fiona happened to be at our house and kinda rolled along into the party with us. Boys only? Not anymore!


Doughnut cakes are all the rage in our family. 

Yes two cakes....one for the family party and one for the friends party. Much to your dad's horror and dismay this is just the way we roll. I think he finally caught on this year as he said to me "I guess I will never be able to keep you to a birthday budget will I?" Aaahahahaha. No way Juan. Thank you for noticing. We laugh because John always says ever year with every kid's birthday "I never had friends or parties....this is crazy" to which I always reply "Well I did, and our kids do.  Sorry your childhood was lacking!" And then he laughs and gets over it - until the next birthday.....



Thanks to a boy scout trip to a rock climbing place you actually did great this year! Go Luke!



Video games + boys = fun. I didn't really have to do anything and my sister and I were kinda weirder out. Usually we double team all my parties - but there we sat. At the table. Sipping water and chatting. Twas lovely.




No comments: