July 18, 2011

Utah Vaca - A pictorial story - Part 1

Upon arrival to LeBaron country Charlotte started to rattle off her list of "must do" items. Aunt Olivia being ever so accommodating helped provide. Here are the girls - Amy, Charlotte and Kimberly.
Amy is a few weeks older than Charlotte and the sweetest thing ever. And Kimberly is 10 I think and an amazing person - she was the resident camp counselor while we were there organizing all sorts of fun games.

Item #1: Horseback ride.
This little trip around the property (that's an understatement) was heaven for our girl. This also prompted many, many a conversation throughout the rest of the trip. 

My girl was in heaven. H-E-A-V-E-N.

Doesn't this look like "old man farmer and son" ??? 
Hahaaaaa This cracked me up. The boys are watching the chickens run around out back.
They were so so pretty. Us city folk were mesmerized.

Oh Noel - you are so charming and funny. All of the older cousins are some of the coolest teenagers. I attribute this to some of the coolest parenting. It really is amazing to sit back and watch the household run. Everything seems easy-going and smooth. 

I like to call this pic " fun with terror"


Well this is all still day #1. We packed it in.
The kids and John had a blast ATVing. I was able to sneak away with just John and ride around too.  It was bliss. I felt like we were dating again.

My handsome boy on our twilight walk.

Amy was determined to keep up with the ATVers. Good luck Amy. 
You are super cute BTW.

Me and my boy. I love this shot. 
(I only wish I was carrying the last 20 lbs of baby weight in my face. *sigh*)


Listen you ATV freaks - it's almost dark! Come in now!!!
Day #2, Reservoir - or for the locals it's "The Res"
We had 2 wave runners and a boat. If I hadn't been out there having fun there would be more pics.
But basically John would NOT come in. The man was like a little kid. He was having the time of his life. The kids enjoyed it but John was just ecstatic.


Day #3 Canal
All the fields in the country area are irrigated by canals.
And all the country kids in the area swim in these canals.
My city people had a hard time grasping this. 
This picture cracks me up more than anything. Luke was disgusted with the soft, mushy wet bottom. Spoiled city folk! :) And John - muuuhahaa your face John!! The water is cold and the ground muddy and he's not happy. heheheeee
Oh how my baby wants to go in the water. Eventually he makes it.

I love this shot. We were all piled into the RV on the way to Lehman Caves and Olivia's morning sickness dictated nachos and chocolate. Always eager to please all the kids agreed that was an important pitstop. :) Here her youngest are sharing a chocolate bar. So sweet.

Lehman Caves was super cool. Literally and figuratively. It was 50 degrees down there and very beautiful. We learned a lot about stalagmites and stalactites and the history in general. Back in the day they held parties down there to beat the heat.
Beautiful.

more to come soon.....



No comments: