June 4, 2011

Car shopping

Today my son you have grown into a man. 
A manboy.
A boy who is sort of becoming a man.
Ok, just my boy.

You are very into cars. I don't know if this is an outside influence or one of your own but either way I like it. I used to play a game with myself and would try and name every car I saw as my mom drove me down the street. I used to be quite good - but I was the only one judging so I guess that's not a fair statement but who cares. I like cars too.

Your love (today) are Mustang GTs and Shelbys. You asked me to see pictures of them online and I took you to Ford.com where you built the car you wanted from the bottom up and were SHOCKED by the $54,000 price tag. Muuuhahahaha. This was always my intention. I wanted a little "life lesson" action thrown in there. We had a discussion about savings due to my genius.....excuse me while I pat my own back. :)  You went back and forth and back and forth and back and forth between red with black stripes or black with red stripes. These are tough choices. Ones you must make on your own. 

It was a fun way to pass time and I love being involved. The days of sitting on the floor and playing trains with you seem to be fading. And while I could tear up if I wanted, I just choose to be in this moment with you and enjoy this new phase.

Here's to embracing the moment.

xo, Mom

No comments: