May 20, 2011

talk to me

Dear lovely eldest children of mine,

I am blessed with children who talk to me. A lot. So much that I sometimes tune you out as background noise. That's horrible, I know. But I am working on remaining present in our conversations.

Here are some current daily topics:

Luke: Mom, do you see that car?
Allie: Yes, the Mustang?
Luke: Mustang GT. That's the kind of car I want. (figuring out which car is a major present time issue for you)
Allie: Great! You finally decided huh?
Luke: Yep. I definitely want a Mustang. Shelby's look cooler, they have these things that stick out, but I want a Mustang.
Allie: So cool!! Save your money!!

I can't believe how cliche I sound....mom's really can't help throwing in advice at all times.



Charlotte: Can we get a dog?
Allie: No
Charlotte: I really, really like poodles and huskies.
Allie: That's nice.
Charlotte: What about a water turtle?
Allie: Maybe
Charlotte: WHEN??
Allie: I don't know, talk to daddy.
Charlotte: But can we get a dog?
Allie: No! Honey, please....no dogs.
Charlotte: A cat?
Allie: Nope, still allergic.
Charlotte: I really, really want a dog.
(Love the matching outfit to dessert BTW)

"God, please give me patience. Give. Me. Patience." This is what I chant to myself. The animal discussion is an every day thing. I need to just break down and get a water turtle or something else. My reasoning on no pets? Another child to take care of when my hands are already full and overflowing. But I remember when I was 6 and talked about pets nonstop. Hard not to empathize and give in lovely girl. I hope you understand my reasoning some day.

I love you guys. Keep talking to me!!!

No comments: