September 4, 2010

The way of the world

We we were driving in the car a few days ago we were having a conversation about child bearing, labor and delivery, babies, pregnancy, etc. This is very common these days. Here's about how it went.

Char: Mama, I'm not going to have kids because it's hurts.

Me: Well you could go to the hospital if you want and get drugs to take away the pain. That way you can still have a baby if the pain is the only thing stopping you.

Char: But I am not getting married though.

Luke: I thought you were marrying Randall.

Char: If he wants to marry me, I'll marry him. Maybe Joe would want to marry me.

Me: You might marry Joe?

Char: No, but he might want to marry me.


Char: Mom do you decide to have a baby or just have one?

Me:  You decide, and then you have to make the baby.

Char: Oh I thought you just had one when you were married.

Me: Nope. It's a decision and an action.

Luke: But anyway Charlotte the Mom decides those things. She's kind of in charge.

Char: Ohhhh (very happy now)

:)

1 comment:

KJ said...

Eek, SO cute.