December 15, 2009

O Tannenbaum

Interesting fact:
 I know the song "O Christmas Tree" in German "O Tannenbaum"
maybe not all the lyrics of the whole song, but enough to impress myself

Anyway.....back to trees. This year we shopped and shopped around for a recession tree. :)
Ok, ok just a tree that wasn't $80.

And we found it. It wasn't a one of those picturesque
cut-down-your-own-tree-and-feel-like-you-are-back-East places.
It was our local hardware store.


Here I asked Luke to pose next to his favorite tree...interesting choice Luke. But what I like best my little man are your hands and feet. Check you out white boy! Get DOWN!


Alexis is my mommy helper, and she comes over every Thursday to play with the kids while I cook and entertain my peeps. She was pretty excited to come along with us as I was informed she has a fake tree this year and misses the real thing.
 Charlotte loves her.


I know it's common practice to delete, burn, hide, etc. incriminating pictures but whatever. I'm not hiding anything. I took a self portrait to remember forever how I almost got high sniffing the air about 1,000 a minute to get as much Christmas smell in my system as possible. Even if we are in a tree lot in a basement parking lot of the local hardware store. I'm just not that picky.


But wait, it's getting pretty Hallmark card(ish) now. Looky here at my girl.
Dang she's cute.



Oh, I'm feeling a Normal Rockwell coming on. Very cute.
Check out Luke's bedhead. What's up?


The end result (before ornaments) is beautiful.
Here's to our recession tree. We love you.

No comments: