July 28, 2009

"Print me a picture"




Charlotte (mostly called Char these days) is TOTALLY into coloring. And this is not the simple days of my youth when you colored in a coloring book. Oh no, what the kids are doing these days is going onto GoogleImages.com and finding the excact picture they want and having their parents print, and print some more and then find baby elephants to print, and then baby kitties and print those, and then ask for the image larger, and then crying at my ignorance of how to do that.......wait sorry, maybe that's just at my house.

Like I was saying, what the kids are into these days is GoogleImages.com. It's friggin awesome. Not only is it "free" (minus the expense of ink & paper) she can get exactly what she wants. I just type in "coloring pages of _____" and a thousand and one different ones come up.

It's glorious.

It's wonderful.

It's at the tip of my fingies.

It's instantaneous.

My daughter loves me more.

I love technology.

But I will always remember with love my Strawberry Shortcake coloring book that the had yellowing pages & smelled kinda funny.

I like them good old days too.

No comments: