October 30, 2008

Have you visited the library lately?



A smart & frugal friend of mine turned me on to a cool feature a while ago and I kinda forgot, okay, I was lazy. Clicking on Amazon, buying the book I wanted, and having it arrive on my doorstep a few days later was just easier. The cats outta the bag....

But with my re-newed pledge NOT to spend needless moola, I rediscovered the library and it's super neat feature of ordering books and having them shipped to your local branch. If you suffer from a small local library like me, you suffer from a small book selection. This solves all problems with about 5 clicks and a quick trip that doubles as connecting with your community.

ALL FOR FREE! All you need is your library card # and the last four digits of your telephone # on file. Yah...I had to dig in the dark holes of my memory for my number back on Hillrose! Good to know I haven't lost THAT marble.

Do you know how much money this will save me?? (As long as I return them on time!)

Glorious I tell you. Simply glorious.

PS I put a few books on hold: The Bill of Rights: A User's Guide, The Words We Live By: Your Annotated Guide to the Constitution. Yes, I am trying to brush up on my government knowledge - just sick and tired of being illiterate in this area, waaaay too important. Time to know what I need to and then help do my part to save us from this mess.

And I am trying to hold the book "Nick of Time". Supposed to be a fun historical novel for teens - I love teen books! Thanks to Connie Herrera for that recommend.

1 comment:

KJ said...

This is a good idea too. I spend waaaaaaaaay too much money on Amazon.