January 30, 2008

Deceptive Cooking

Have you heard of the books Deceptively Delicious and Sneaky Chef?? I have both and they are very similar. Both are based on the concept of sneaking veges into your kids foods through the use of vegetable purees. At first I was a little against this concept because I want my kids to eat veges and know it. But then I read that just because you are learning to sneak more veges in doesn't mean you stop offering visible veges at lunch and dinner. Now I am completely on board. I was reading Deceptively Delicious last night while sitting in bed (with pink eye!!!) and it's great! I love the little tips that are peppered throughout the book. I bought all the stuff to do my purees. That's how it works. You make vege (and fruit) purees and then add them to the recipes in the book (or your own) as long as the colors seem to match or the vege won't show. That way the kids won't know! Pretty cool............stay tuned as to how they react (hopefully no reaction).

No comments: