January 30, 2008

Current Charlotte-isms

(Excerpt from Charlotte's Journal)

Current phrases & sayings:

“I want somebody to ______” The request might be one of a hundred things like “get me a snack” or “come cuddle with me” or “find my Cinderella. ” And who is the “somebody” you ask? We aren’t 100% sure but I can tell you the person she’s directing this order to will do just fine. Why she doesn’t just ask the person in front of her directly we’ll never know. Or she might just say “I want som-ping” (something). This usually means food but not always. And then you might make the fatal error of asking “What som-ping do you want?” This is usually met with ferocious scorn where she will give you a HUGE stink eye and then just reiterate but about 10x louder “I WANT SOMPING!!!!!!!”

So it will go something like this:

C: “I want somebody to come cuddle with me.” Or “I want somebody to get me a snack” or our favorite “I want som-ping”
A: “Who somebody?” Or “What som-ping do you want?”
C: SOMEBODY!!!!!!!!!! Or “I just want SOMPING!”
A: You mean me? Or “How about _____? (suggested food)
C: Ya
A: (sigh) okay (wondering WHY she is not more specific)

Another cute one “Somebody needs to buy me boy toys!” She said this because for the past 3 or 4 mornings she had been waking early and John sets her up playing with Luke’s cars before he leaves. When Luke and I wake up we find her happily playing and of course Luke can’t have any of that so takes away the toys. She exasperatedly said the after one of those episodes.


Other cute things she says….she will randomly blurt out a question or a scene from a movie she saw recently - I mean random and with no warning. Just now Charlotte said “Her father blew away” I guessed (and was miraculously right) that it was the prince’s father who was blowing away in Cinderella III. When I said my guess she said “Yah and the father is four.” LOL Because I said “Cinderella III” she figured since the father was older he was four! LOVE those cute kid mix ups and would never dream of correcting them. LOL

Or recently she has said A LOT “Why does the mother die?” I guessed this one to mean ‘why does the mother die in Bambi.’ Apparently that guess was right too. I’m the bomb.

No comments: