June 26, 2006

Our Big Boy is even Bigger!

NEWS FLASH!!!

Luke is sleeping in his big-boy bed!!!

It happened so fast I didn’t really have a chance to protest and make a big deal of it. Maybe it’s this whole “turning three” business that got you inspired and wanting to do it. Next is the potty training?!? I can only hope.

It all started a few months ago when John started putting Luke to bed and would fall asleep after they read stories together. Then once or twice we have left you there all night. And then recently we decided to give it an offical "dry run," and after a few days of that you asked to not go in the crib anymore……waaaaahh! I am excited for you, but a little bummed to kiss that part of Babyland goodbye forever.

Funny story…one of the first nights of this trial run you woke up early in the morning and walked all by yourself into our bedroom, climbed down the stairs and into the foot of our bed and starting stroking my legs. I woke up with a start not quite sure what to think and sat up and saw you laying there smiling up at me. Ahhhh….

At first all I could think was “Wow, thank god I didn’t dropkick him” and then I though “How cute that he smiled at me!” and then “Wow, what guy! He didn’t cry when he woke up and walked all by himself out here!”

And then last night you did the same thing: woke up early, walked all the way to our bedroom and came up next to me and stared at me until I woke up! haha I little freaky, but mostly super cute.

Oh and you had your HUGE birthday party yesterday at our house (first party ever at our house) and had almost every kid from the preschool there including ½ the teachers and our family and friends. It was great! We had some kiddie pools, and the balloon man who was amazing, a Toy Story cake that you gawked at for a full hour (not joking), and lots of cool presents and I thought my goodie bags were pretty rockin.’ Oh and grandpa BBQed for 60 people! It was awesome!!!!!

Luke-isms:
Guns: are “shoot guns” and is pretty crazy about turning everything into a gun be it a Barbie doll, spoon, toy or whatever. EVERYTHING must be pointed and shot with one eye closed mind you.

No comments: