September 28, 2013

Ojai Family vacation - summer is winding down




Before I go any further - let's discuss how I have turned into "those people." This picture totally took my breath away at that realization. "Those people" are the people with a lot of kids (by LA standards), you might think twice about inviting them over due to the invasion/noise/mess that ensues, those kids might have dirty faces now and then or refuse to wear shoes or better yet their own mother may forget their shoes - often, they might have mismatching clothes or in fact no clothes at all, their children whine or throw fits in public despite the best of the best patient & loving parenting, they have too many bikes on the back of their car, and speaking of cars - it might have a mystery smell. 
We are those people. And I'm kinda cool with that cuz the rest of the time those punks are awesome.

Now on to the nature of this post:

We took the kids up to Ventura Ranch a few weeks ago to "glamp" What is that?
Glamp: verb To camp in style, comfort, and/or luxury while still experiencing the great outdoors; to go glamping. Uses: Tim: Hey, do you want to go camping this weekend ? Alan: Nah, that's beat. I'd much rather glamp and be comfortable.
I am not a big fan of the camping myself. Maybe I would be if I didn't have small children clamoring for bottles and snacks and the fact that camping means dirty feet (I HATE dirty feet) and dirt in general. Or maybe it's the fact that I wasn't raised by a family that loves camping. Ya - let's blame my parents for something else! :) Maybe if that had all been different....I would really like it! Riiiiiight.

Anyway - so we headed up to Santa Paula to have a mini vacay. We didn't hit Utah or Arizona this summer and the natives were threatening mutiny if we didn't do something cool.
The cabin was mini perfection. The one huge downfall to staying in a hotel is that we need a kitchen and two bedrooms. Big time. We had a full kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, living room, and sleeping loft. I have now found the ideal way to travel! It was awesome and the setting beautiful.


Babyproofing?? No problem! Mr. LeBaron brought a pack of these babies and went around fixing up the place so I could enjoy myself. That's true love.

Baby loved loved her some quality daddy time.
John tried to sneak in a nap. Riiiiiiight







The glamp site has a little stream running through it. My river rats had a ball.


One of the days we loaded up the bikes and went into Ojai for a leisurely stroll. Riiiiiiiight.
The only thing leisurely about it was..............wait it wasn't really.
C's right bike pedal kept falling off causing - drama.
L kept going waaaay far ahead causing John and I city folk concern.
William kept standing up and ripping that flag off and shoving it into my spokes. AMAZING!!

But actually - since I am used to that kind of drama all the time - I still found the little moments in between very leisurely and peaceful and perfect.


Post bike ride pose


Letting off steam post bike ride. I always love these kinds of shots.




C and I had a fan-flipping-fastic trail ride adventure. Miss C - I love that you love horses. I love that you love gymnastics and crafting. I love that we are so similar that way. I love you.





We were excited to try ziplining. It was a perfect gradient to someone to wants to skydive but is very afraid of heights. My kids? Fearless.


I on the other hand might or might not have screamed like a little girl and shut my eyes for the first part. I might or might not have tried to back out at the last moment.
I might or might not have been sucked off the edge against my will by an eager Charlotte who was strapped to me.


I am super glad you wouldn't let me back down C. That was totally worth it.



Here's celebrating the first time we have slept in the same bed on vacation in 3 whole years. William sparked a downward statistic of horrible sleep while away from home. He is now almost totally over that nightmare. We rejoice!




No comments: