September 19, 2013

LA Zoo field trip

Thursday is field trip day. At least we try to do that. It's also Nana Day, errand/apt day, and just another day day.

But today it was field trip day. We went to the LA Zoo......which is built in an alternate universe by the way. Don't believe me?? Go there, and try and contest that EVERYWHERE you want to go is uphill from where you are. How is that possible?! I just know that I do hate that part and must gripe about it every time I go. Moving on!

On this hot summer day we found refruge in The Lair. A beautifully and blissfully air-conditioned indoor exhibition of reptiles, etc.

Savannah was a blur of activity. She loves animals so this was heaven for her.

"Oh yook momma!" I heard this a lot 

Bearded dragons (I think) were a big hit


gotcha!!! that's fake ;) When I saw her out of the corner of my eye I almost fainted.
Snakes take me to my dark and scary place.


Love this moment.....why I homeschool. They were on a mission to talk me into the merry go round. Turns out they were successful.

First time!! Milestone! She was a little leery but since the older kids were enjoying themselves it helped.



L - I have a feeling outings will become more difficult with you next year. Right now I am savoring every last minute of you still enjoying just about everything we do. You are rad.



Oh sweet cool mist fan - thanks for that! Future Charlotte - please don't kill me for including this picture.

xoxo

No comments: