June 1, 2013

Pressure


When I think of all I have to get through, get done, cross off the list, etc. in a day - a little song comes to mind...

"When you try your best and you don't succeed...." 
Thanks Coldplay - y'all really know how to nail a busy homeschooling mom's dilemma on the head.

My feelings of failure were threatened to overwhelm, so I decided to stay up late and organize our homeschool cabinets, paperwork, etc. This always soothes my soul, warms my cold heart (muuuhaha), washes away the crazy in my eyes, brightens my Dark and Scary....you get the idea. 


And this is what a found. Pretty large stack of completed paperwork. Huh....feeling a little better already!


Then I decided to measure that sucker. 4 inches of paperwork the kids did so far!!! Not counting their math books, spelling books, stacks and stacks of silent reading books, history, science, etc. Wow - maybe the heavy heart 'twas all for naught?!

And then I organized it by week. And it covered a sizable chunk of my living room floor. 
Now, HOT DAMN!!! That's more like it.

Take that Dark and Scary feelings of failure!!!! That what an a*s beating looks like! Bam!!!!

No comments: