April 23, 2013

Date Night with girlie pie

Charlotte my dear - you had been hounding me for a little alone time. You call this "mommy day." I admit it can be hard to come by with all the people clamoring for me. But you finally grabbed my attention long enough to say with all intensity "Mommy! WHEN can we have mommy day?!" 
"OK! I am listening now. I will schedule it right now!" And I did.

One perfect Sunday evening in March we went to the Americana and had dinner at Granville.
I introduced you to the ways of the virgin strawberry daiquiri. Oh my does that bring back pleasure moments in my childhood. When my parents were feeling spendy they would let us get these when we we go to Acopollco restaurant. Love.

The above pic about sums up your reaction. 
I then asked the waiter for a few blank pieces of paper and informed you that you had a surprise from your dad and I. I then ripped the paper in small pieces and wrote out the surprise one word at a time and scrambled them up. It took you a bit - but then you got it.
And this was your face.
Classic.

Our amazing waiter saw us celebrating and brought you out a dessert with a candle assuming it was your birthday. When he found out we were just celebrating our love he brought me out a virgin strawberry daiquiri. I love random acts of kindness.


Sweet girl......thank you for being such an amazing daughter, teacher, sister and friend. I am blessed by you every day. I look forward to many a dinner celebrating our love. 

No comments: