March 24, 2013

Day 1, Take 3 Orange Rhino Challenge

(If you have no idea what I am doing read the first post)

I am super happy - super DUPER happy to report today was a good day. I passed - marginally - but I still passed. Booya suckas!! I had a few tense moments of crabby. And what's kinda amazing about it is how aware I am now of even the slightest crabby. I had slipped into a mode of letting lots of crabby happen - but now I don't want ANY and so ANY is very obvious. This is a tad annoying as I feel like a failure a lot of the day which is silly - but overall I take it as a really good sign.

Wow, do I sound as tired and stupid as I feel?? I think I do....

So on that note, let's wrap it up...

Orange Rhino Stats:

I banged my chest like a gorilla 2x - but less vigorously
I sang "La-la-la" once

Progress!!!!

I found myself soooo much more chiiiilllll when #3 threw a few ugly tantrums (yep - they are back, but still much more manageable). I almost yawned in the face of them. But what I actually did was stay calm and connected - the goals of the ScreamFree parenting book. I was super happy about this.

I also had an amazing date with Charlotte tonight to celebrate her brave piano performance in front of the 150-180 person audience at WISH. We had such a lovely time - so was over the moon with all the one on one. Me too. I did a interview on her that I will post in the next few days. It was magical.

If I wasn't so tired I would be way more impressed with myself.

No comments: