December 15, 2012

Nurse

Dearest children,

I have been doing barf laundry and doling out homeopathic medicine for the past 7 day and nights.
So forgive me if I sound......dark.

I am supposed to have Saturday AMs off - completely off to do whatever I want (this is a new thing! First time in my whole marriage! WOOHOO) but due to one of John's guys being super sick he had to take over.  When sharing the bad news he says in mock seriousness:

"You know I would much rather stay here and be with the sick kids" at which point he loses his control and we both start cracking up. With your father gone this leaves me once more with a house full of sick children. Here's my humorous conversations with a sick but demanding Charlotte:

8:07AM - I am calming a sick Savannah while carrying her in baby carrier while Willsie just woke and is demanding things from me:
Charlotte: Mom - will you make me biscuits?
Moi: Sure

Moi: Biscuits are ready
Charlotte: Can you melt some butter for them?
Moi: Sure

Moi: Butter is ready
Charlotte: I don't want to tell you this but I don't want them anymore. Actually the smell is making me need to throw up. Can you put them away?
Moi: Sure

Charlotte: I don't mean to make you exhausted but I kinda need you to make my breakfast quick. And I need you to put salt and pepper on my eggs"
Moi: Alrighty
Charlotte: And toast.
Moi: Laughing



No comments: