December 31, 2012

AZ Trip - Day 3

While I was starting to feel the effects of slightly less sleep - the kids were going strong! The morning started off with playdoh creations.


Nice!


I love Jen's style - modern meets "I love it." Her home is a collection of things she loves from different themes.....it all seems to work because, well....she loves it.

We left Lucas home with Carter (a big step for me) so we could hit the Children's Museum of Phoenix. 

Madam A - you always impress with your outfit choices. You are your mother's daughter.

The entrance wall of the museum is covered in CDs hanging in long strains - so pretty.

William didn't get to go last year as he was sick - so this was his first time experiencing the exhibits. PVC pipe + ping pong balls + air = lots of fun.


Fake - it's fake - but awesome :)

Hi ladies! The ladies are up in a 3 story maze of hallways and passageways and fake boats with fake feet dangling.

Madam S loved the baby area.


Metal rods with washers = musical fun when you lift them to the top and drop them down.

I can't describe this in words - but the little disks never seem to fall the same way. Good fun.

This artist - Heidi Dauphin - created this awesome modern art piece entitled "Making a Point" using Ticonderoga pencils. Brilliant.



In the bike area the girls had a good time wheeling about.

Fun signs like this blocked off restricted areas. Bonus points for creativity guys. 

Every nook and cranny has inspired areas to play. Take this tiny cubby in the preschool area - half a ball down low. Love it.

Large exercise balls inside metal arches makes for loads of fun. I want this in my future preschool!



I love this "open floor plan" play house idea. Another good idea for my future preschool.


Oh Miss S - we love you.

I can't get enough of this picture......

The wall where your shoes go before playing......so creative!!

The fort room. All materials inspire good forts. Blankets, crates, clips, saw horses, foam blocks, couch cushions, etc. 

The center has a fort to start the building process. I love the door leaning against the wall - a good starting place for a fort.

Until next year!!! 


2 comments:

Cecilia said...

Wow, looks like a great place! They don't have places like that here? If not, you should make one!

Allison LeBaron said...

I know!!!! No - they don't have a place like that here and I totally want to make one. I have big plans for when my kids are grown.