August 14, 2012

Utah Trip 2012 - Day 2

We pulled into Johanna's darling, two-story, crisply painted, immaculately clean house in downtown Salt Lake. We arrived around 4:30pm and just as I am seriously questioning my sanity and decision to have all these children in a car for 12 hours (don't judge)
I am greeted by the sweet face of my dear friend. Thank heaven.
Johanna is to this day one of the most optimistic, patient, understanding lady loves I know....

This is a good thing because right as we pull in Luke says he thinks "I'm sub" and thrusts his forehead toward me. Knowing immediately what he means (fever) I lay him down.
The next four days at her house and 4 at the next relative's house my children are wracked with a nasty virus. But enough about that - we still managed a good time so here goes...

One of the first things Jo has in store was a massage as a present for my 30th birthday. Can I just say I will always and forever schedule massages on the day after 12 hours of travel?! Best idea ever!!! It was heaven. The masseuse did some rad neck stretching tricks with a boiling hot washcloth. I asked her to marry me (no joke).

The next activity she had planned was a hike near their house.

It was fun - albeit hot. Psycho List failed me - actually I failed it - and I forgot all my shorts in LA. Sweeeet!!!! So I boiled while hiking (and several other times throughout the trip).

Such a sweet picture. Jack and Johanna are best buds. And she is one of those Mother Teresa-y patient women.

I don't know what it is about boys and throwing rocks. But if there are small rocks - they must be thrown. And into water is a bonus. I love this wind up shot John captured.

Jack had Johanna almost completely convinced that she too belonged in the water next to him.

Must find more rocks. Must, must, must.

When rock throwing grew old, crossing the river was the next adventure.

Oh wait, I found a rock.

Jack is saying "Come in, see how nice it is?" 

Taking a little break with mom and sissy.

River crossing with Daddy.

When John too refused to be sweet-talked into wading in ice cold stream water, Willsie was satiated with being dunked. Again and again.

I love this shot. Jack - you are adorable.

With every step we took hiking downhill I knew that meant ugly things for the way back. John kept telling us Will would "be a man" and walk back himself.

 Muuuhahahaa. We definitely shouted "I told you so"

Daddy is my minion - and no one forget it!






No comments: