March 15, 2012

She makes the grade

You - my little heartthrob have finished yet another grade.
2nd grade.
Yes, you just turned 7.
Yes, that puts you 18 months ahead.
Yes, we are super proud.
Yes, that makes me $80 poorer.

Backstory: I promised you kids a while back that for every month you finish your grade early I would reward you $20. And true to your style you shocked and wowed us and finished 4 months early.
These monetary deals always seem to find a way to slap me around a little.
Remember the "fill a Trader Joe bag" deal of 2011? Eeeewwweee that was a crazy one. I offered you each $5 for every paper Trader Joe bag you could fill of toys to donate. (I had had enough of the toy overwhelm). Well...I was thinking maybe 2-4 bags per child. You came out of your room 20 minutes later with 11 bags. What the what?!?

But I digress - the true meaning of my post is to say:
You are SO AWESOME!!! 
Go smarty pants!!!!!!
I can't believe you are a 3rd grader now!!!

No comments: