August 20, 2010

Setting up for baby

We have (ok mostly me) been in super duper baby set up mode. I have been vacuuming ceilings, buying furniture, researching cloth diapers, and in general trying to handle any little to-do list item before baby comes. John and the kids are so excited too and have been pitching in like mad.

Here my lovely lady and hubby are assembling Will's changing table. Char loves her some power tools :)
And Luke too. There is something about mini-sized power tools that is just the best. No one is immune to that giddy feeling. I dare you.

Here my peeps are staining a desk for me. Well... for them actually. This is the kids' future computer table.
John is schooling Luke in the ways of the samurai...I mean carpenter. And teaching him how to drill a proper hole.

And once in a while you need a Starbucks break. Thanks daddy for keeping us going!

 Go Char go!!! She love drilling holes as much as Luke loves legos. I love the wrinkly nose. My darling, you are your father's daughter. And your grandfather's granddaughter. :) You descend from a family of hard-working, tool slinging contractors :) But just wait until your Nana teaches you to shoot a gun. Lordy we have fun times ahead.


When I say "pose men!" this is what I get.


This is the adorable bassinet all my babies have/are going to sleep in. I love traditions.

This is where baby Will is going to sleep when he grows up a bit. Luke is adamant about sharing a room.

I love this picture. I am a freak, I know. There is just something about old fashioned baby stuff that's adorable.

This picture is really special to me. In it I see my friends. I see Kat Martell and her handmade yummy blankets, I see my god mother Sherri and the super soft blanket she found, I see Alexis and Cecila Ash and their thoughtful "beela" they got so Will can be like Charlotte, I see John's friend Trish and her handmade blue beauty that was Luke's and now is passed on, I see John's sister in Arizona who made us a blanket and just had TWINS of her own, I see Cereza & Jessica and the butter-soft blankee they picked out. Thank you to all my loving friends and family.

And here we have our finished product. The changing table of my dreams,  found at Walmart (woohooo!!!) and bought by my mama. All it awaits are the cloth diapers. Yay for happy endings.

3 comments:

Calyn Reinhart said...

Now that is one rocking changing table! I am jealous!

Jamie said...

I love that brush and comb! How gorgeous and special!

KJ said...

The changing table is beautiful! The shot of the blankets got me a little misty-eyed. I loved Colin's baby blankies and those who made/found them. Happy to have contributed to soft snuggly things for Will.