July 29, 2010

Playing tunes...soon to be that is

For a long, long time my mom and I have talked about moving down her piano that has been living at my Aunt's house up north. Fantasized, imagined, dreamed about. Never happened.

But when we knew the house we were going to move into, one of the first things I said to John was "A piano would fit perfectly right here" and he got all excited.  After that John would call me every few days and bug me "Did you call yet? Is the piano coming yet? I had no idea how much I wanted it until it was an actual possibility! CALL THEM!!!"

So I did.

And it came this week.

This is what it looked like right off the truck. Slightly alarming, no? 
How, HOW are they going to get that sucker off it's side? 
Will it crush the floors? 
Will they damage it? 
Stressful to watch I tell you.




But I was oh so wrong. The boys did a wonderful job setting it up and moving it around to my heart's desire as I sat there with my 8 month pregnant belly ordering them "3 inches to the right! Ummm, slightly towards me.  No back. No left."  :)

They were good sports.

And now the corner is occupied with our new member to the family. Furniture family that is. We love you antique baby grand piano. Please stay.

1 comment:

Jennifer Babbitt said...

Video of you playing would be nice!!