July 11, 2010

7 years old



Hello my lovely son,

You are now 7 years old and loving it. This cake was made by the cake extraordinaire, Dorie Kinney. As usual you stared at this cake the whole way home and then stood in front of the outside fridge looking at it some more and then once I finally placed it on the food table you stared some more.

You love your birthday cakes.

Arrrrrr Me Matey! This year we had a pirate themed party for you with all the trimmings. Check your outfit. Nice one buddy!! We did a scavenger hunt for treasure, ate BBQ food, and walked the plank (swam in our above-ground pool).

This is what my 30 week baby belly looked like today. Not too shabby.

I made our family wear eye patches. What we do for love.

Char lassos a baby seal

I told you and Charlotte that you could eat some of the goodies out of the cake once everyone left (see the first picture and look closely) and so she kept asking the final guests "Are you leaving yet?" Ahhh my sweet girl, she is so meek and mannerly. hehe

Luke, you got a haul of Legos this year. It was so fun to see you opening the boxes with eyes like saucers and creating all these amazing ships and people. This this year marked something new. The idea of rare Legos and the introduction to internet shopping. You used some of your birthday money to order rare lego men online. I must say that's pretty grown up my man.

Daddy and I are so proud of you and think you are growing up to be a great man.

Thank you to all our family and friends for supporting his obsession, I mean interests. He is the Lego King!!!

2 comments:

Jennifer Babbitt said...

That is such a cute birthday party. Woman - you look LOVELY pregnant!!!

Cecilia said...

That was a rockin' cake!!!! Unbelievable.