May 26, 2010

Bedtime routine

My Charlotte,

Your bedtime routine, like all parts of your life, is one you like to remain consistent. The exact routine changes periodically but whatever it is, it is sacred. Here are the holy rites as of present:

• You run into my bed and give me big googley eyes.

* I say "No Char, let's get your bed." We argue a bit.

* You finally concede and get in your bed.

* You have to sleep on the edge of the bed because there are "tarantulas near the wall" which means I get to crawl over you and lay down near the tarantulas. Seeing as how I am 6 months pregnant it's...awkward.

* We snuggle and then I must sing.

* The first song is Amazing Grace. Do you have any idea how hard that song is?? Slow and difficult, but pretty. And you like it.

* Next is "Oh my Darling." What a sad song! Who knew? And there are so many adult concepts in there that you have now learned as a result. Amazing the learning that comes by following your lead.

* Then you will usually fall asleep soon after but will sometimes entertain me with the goings on of your day. This is my favorite.

You are my favorite. I love you so very much.


xo, Momma

No comments: