January 20, 2010

A little love is a brewing




This is Charlotte and her husband Randall.


Yes, I did type h-u-s-b-a-n-d.


I was informed of this arrangement a few months ago. Can't say I saw that one coming so soon.
God bless their teacher though, listen to this scenario I witnessed.


The teachers and I are standing outside in the playground and up runs Charlotte and Randall.
The kids' teacher's name is Cecilia.


Randall: Joe is being really mean.
Charlotte: Ya, Joe hit my hand.


Cecilia: Oh, what was happening that Joe wanted to hit your hand?


Randall: Well, Charlotte and I were pinky swearing that when we grow up we are going to get married, and then Joe hits Charlotte's hand away while we are doing that.


Cecilia: (with a bit of a smile but perfect delivery) Oh I see. Well the thing is Randall, I know Charlotte's dad and he is not going to let you marry Charlotte unless you grow up and have a house of your own,  a car and a really good job that makes money. Do you have those things now?


Randall: Nooooo


Cecilia: Then I guess you better grow up and get those things first before you talk about marriage.


Amen!

2 comments:

Cecilia (not the same one mentioned above) said...

LMAO!!

Alpha Monkey said...

When my kids ask me when they will be a grown up I tell them, "After you graduate from college, get a job, and pay off your loans."