December 5, 2009

Reader Boy!!!

It all started on an average and hectic day a few weeks ago. I was rushed (what else is new) and scrambling to get home to unload the groceries to make dinner. Wait.... it was Saturday morning. LOL Wow, just kidding. It was actually a pretty relaxing day (wow that's new) but I am just usually so rushed that I forgot, and I usually have melting groceries and whining children who are hungry, I'm sorry.........

Take 2:
It all started on an average relaxing Saturday. We were just getting in the car from buying a few things at Trader Joes and Luke looks up and reads this.

He said it loud and clear and correctly. I jumped up and down (as we can only do so well in the seat of our cars). I was FLIPPED OUT!!! I knew Luke could read. Words like cat, sat, cake, make, etc. And I knew he could read easy books (another huge and amazing thing). But when you take a skill and apply it to LIFE this really gets me. I almost cried I think.

And then it began....



All over the place we were picking out words like crazy....

Wonderful words like Vons

(thank you Vons for being a short vowel word, 
for having signs that are huge and in simple fonts, 
and for being in RED - nice and easy to see)




And Bob Smith

It was a frenzy!! We were all INTO it!

Charlotte got into it...



Turkey got into it



And then there was...


Good ol' Goodwill.

And then I just needed to do this...


Because I just don't have enough going on while I am driving...

Anyway.....the point is I have a reader. A small person who pipes up in the back
of the car on every trip we make, words he is reading from the street signs, store fronts,
billboards, and anything else.

It's fantastic. And it's a HUGE deal.
And I am SOOO proud of you Luke.

1 comment:

KJ said...

SO exciting. I remember that day with Haley. Awesome!

Then they get a little older and are all, "That guy is holding a sign that says "Will work for pot. What's pot?"