October 29, 2009

Embracing imperfection

I sometimes have a hard time with imperfection. Okay, okay I have a REALLY hard time with it. Like I would rather not do things unless they are perfect. It's sick I know, but I am growing. Look at the picture below. The clock is in the background, but I did not delete this picture...and I am so glad....

 I have a really, really hard time not taking 53 pictures of my men doing the cuddle-sleep together. What's more astonishing is that our early bird is actually sleeping past 7am. It's about 7:53am on a Sunday when I shot this picture. Miracles really do happen.



We went to the Harris Ranch hotel this past weekend to surprise my grandparents for a little visit. My aunt orchestrated the whole thing. And the awesome part is that my WHOLE family went. This is the first time we have all been together in a year. Needless to say it was awesome. We ate, we drank, we swam, we inhailed deep breaths (just kidding) the latter is impossible. Harris Ranch is in the middle of a....uh...Ranch. A ranch with cows. Lots and lots and lots of cows. Lots of cows = lots of poo. Lots of poo = really smelly. Moving on....My favorite part besides being with my family was the heated gargantuan pool. I swam for about 13 of the 24 hours we were there.


Yes, I have grown. Really trying to ignore the perfectionist monster that tells me pictures like this are not worth posting. But then, if I did pass them up you would never know that I wear aprons from the time I get home to the time I go to sleep on most nights, you might not know that she wears incredibly cute pigtails sometimes, and in 50 years I might not remember my clear, smooth skin (wow that's the first time I have ever said anything nice about my skin).  Here's to savoring imperfection.

No comments: