September 6, 2009

Party on

We were invited to a party today in Santa Monica. A bit far, but I felt it was going to be worth it. It was.
The mom fashioned the party after a Japanese show called Wipe Out, where two teams compete against each other doing various things. Odd things. Usually involving water.  Exhibit A.
The object of this game was to throw water balloons at one team mate who had to catch them and place them in a bucket without popping it. The fullest bucket won. Very fun.

Next game: Each contestant had to have their hands tied behind their backs and had to pick up marbles and place in a bucket. Fullest bucket won. Again, very fun (and very hysterical to watch).

Next game: Remember this game? I do. But I have never played it. Interesting. A topic for further discussion elsewhere. Anyway, this ROCKED! The eggs are hard-boiled, and you have to carry it to your bucket and drop it in, no hands. If the egg drops you have to run back with your wayward egg to the end of the line. Fullest bucket wins. Super freaking fun.

Next game: This sounds painfully simple but the kids LOVED it. There was a huge pile of clothes pins and each team had their own line. Everyone scrambled to put more clothes pins on their teams line. The fullest line wins.

I had so much fun watching the kids have fun. Even Charlotte played!! That is HUGE. That is noteworthy. Ya'll know what I'm talking about. But you are too busy wondering "so where are the pictures of her?" That's a good question, "not sure" is my answer. Ahhh, I remember, I was too shocked, knocked the sense right out of me having her interact healthfully with people she doesn't know and all. But then I did get this shot:
What a cutie. What you don't know is that she screamed at me to stop taking pictures so I could push her on this. LOL Her punishment? A picture.

Last but not least.....hello yumminess:
why, Why, WHY do I love this shot so much? I don't know but I think it's because it expresses their family perfectly. They love their children, the raise them to do and be and think as individuals but as members of their group, they are fun, they are colorful, and they love gummy bears.

 This family is so full of love it was yummy to be with them and their friends. Oh and they own a Cuban restaurant and catered the party with CUBAN FOOD. And sent me home with a big plate of CUBAN FOOD. Oh my....how I love cuban food.

No comments: