March 18, 2009

Typical bedtime conversation

Tonight was a classic bedtime conversation night. Nothing out of the ordinary. Charlotte and my conversation started with her confessing the rule she broke at school, then roamed from the reasons you donate blood, to the reasons behind cremation. We talked about her love of a lamb stuffed animal she covets at school and her plans to earn it, and about John and I taking showers together. She had me sing her (three times) the Jamaican Farewell Song, and then wanted to know where exactly you go when you start your next life, and then wished out loud that someday soon her rash will go away. I never ask her much of anything at bedtime, all subjects ever listed are things she originates.

My darling Charlotte: Thank you for being so INTERESTED in life and thank you for not wasting too much of your time being interesting. I see amazing things happening resulting from your amazingly inquisitive mind. Never stop being curious.

Love you.
-Mom

1 comment:

KJ said...

Love it. What an awesome kid.