December 21, 2008

Luke's a Jew


This year Lucas decreed he wanted to celebrate Hanukkah. (I am so proud I can spell that!) And since I love just about every religion I happily agreed to do this. So a few weeks ago we went to Target and bought our first menorah and candles. He was so proud he carried it around everywhere, and used it as his "show and tell" at school.

My mom runs in today and says "Allie today's the first day of Hanukkah don't forget!" So Luke and I run and we lit our candle, took some pictures, sung a Hanukkah song, and argued over the fact that he isn't going to get 8 huge presents.

And as I sit down to right this and glance at my calendar to make sure I spelled Hanukkah correctly...yah...the first day of Hanukkah is tomorrow. Our first day as Jews and we already failed. Oi vey!

1 comment:

Jennifer Babbitt said...

Okay - laughing and peeing my pants. This is sooo cute. My girlfriends are Jewish and I ALWAYS have to look up how to spell "it". Even now I don't want to take a chance with it. Love that he is so spiritually diverse!