December 3, 2008

Birds and the Bees




So Luke has been asking about where babies come from for a while now. The first time he was almost 4 and I said "Get back to me when you turn 5" and then when he turned 5 he remembered and asked again. Little bugger! So I ran through the whole thing, leaving out some details but detailed enough for him to not ask follow-up questions.

Then the night of my brother's wedding, we are on our way home, it's late, we're all tired and he asked again. John was there for it this time and he gave me a sideways smirk thinking something along the lines of "Sooo glad that wasn't asked of me!"

So, I ran through the whole shpeel again, only turning red in the face once. After I was done lecturing I asked "Luke? Why are you asking me again? Do you just like to hear me explain it?" I was half kidding, half not, because Lucas and Charlotte both have minds like steal traps, but regardless that didn't prepare me for his response. Lucas snickers "Uh yah" and gives a sheepish grin.

Ahhhhh boys.

No comments: