October 8, 2008

Finger Lickin Good BBQ Sauce

I found this recipe for homemade BBQ sauce - and seriously folks, it's SO GOOD. Totally lives up to it's name. I copied and pasted it from recipezaar.com. Fabulous website by the way! I have made it three times and I always get rave reviews. I usually make double or triple batches and store the leftover in a mason jar in the fridge. Keeps for weeks.

Ingredients:
1/2 white onion
3 cloves garlic
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 2/3 cups ketchup
1/2 cup white vinegar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons chili powder (I use one)
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (I use a little less, I'm a wimp)

Directions
1) Put olive oil in a sauce pan on medium heat and cook onion and garlic until they are soft.
2) Then add the white vinegar, ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, and cayenne pepper.
3) Let this simmer for 30 minutes.

No comments: