October 18, 2006

The girl's first sentence

So I did a mommy No-No. I was at the Doctors office about three weeks ago and said (in front of Charlotte) "She isn't talking very much, is that normal?"
Gosh, talk about insulting. I am surprised my little angel didn't wind up and smack me! Shame on me!!!! Okay but that is beside the point. The great news is..........
She spoke her first sentence!!!!!!!
While I was laying her down to sleep Monday night, I was tucking her into bed and covering her up with her blanket and I didn't have a bottle to give her (I wanted to see if we could cut down on the nighttime bottles). As I was about to say goodnight she asked me sooooo sweetly,
"Where's da baba??"
LOL! I could have died it was so cute. And I said "Oh, I will go get it right now," and ran off. And she stayed in her crib tucked in and waited for me........
(sigh) A good mommy moment.
Oh and she has added probably 15 words to her vocabulary since I told the Doctor. Too funny!

No comments: