July 2, 2006

Luke is Potty Trained (day time)


My boy is wearing underwear!!!

If you are a parent who has changed many a diaper, you know how awesome this is! We decided (with the help of Jane Warner) to say to him "Now that you are three years old, you don't wear diapers any more" and plopped on some underwear and that was that and we haven't looked back. Pretty un-eventful actually. I had to make myself not put anything on it and exude 100% confidence that enough was enough already and he notices that I mean business and there you go.
Actually I decided to try what my friend Stacy had told me and to knock off all the baby stuff at once. No more bottles, crib or diapers all at the same time. She had an interesting point that one baby thing could hold back the others and you know...I think she was right! We graduated Luke to a big bed, kicked the bottle habit (right around his birthday so that he could replace the bottles with all his new toys) and dropped the diapers. All is going REALLLLY well!
He is on day #3 of it and things are going quite well! He seems to time #2 for nap times when he is wearing a diaper so that he doesn't have to use the potty for that. NEVER underestimate the IQ of a child. That is one smart hombre. :) So, wish us luck with the rest of the week! We made our first car trip using only underwear (before that underwear were an at home thing only) and next is a trip out on the town using only underwear. YAY!!!!!!!
THANK YOU to the potty training gods! :)

No comments: