June 1, 2006

We are selling the house!!

That's right........bye bye house!
We are going to be putting our house on the market in three weeks. We had our home evaluation last night with our amazing Realtors (John and I were so impressed!) to tell us what to do before we sell.
  • For starters we are doing landscaping our front, the side yard and our back.
  • Painting the hallway (all of you that have seen it can now breath a sigh of relief!)
  • Painting the bathroom (YAY!) and install a new light fixture and oval mirror (their idea and I love it)
  • Touch ups everywhere but especially to the ceiling in the living room and master bedroom.
  • Baseboard moldings in the living room)
  • Hauling away our trash pile out back! I am more excited about that than anything! haha
  • A few more odds and ends and...
  • We might redo the roof and the plumbing.

The house will be so cute it will be hard to say goodbye (sort of). But the trade off is acheiveing our "long-term" dreams much, much sooner. Having the time and money to better ourselves by using the services of our church, investing money in our future, and then living in a house that we have built just for our family.
So that's our 3-5(ish) year plan. In the mean time my parents have graciously offered the "guest wing" of there house which is pretty darn perfect because they are very close, and my kids are in so much LOVE with them, oh and they have made 2 1/2 bedrooms ready for our use. :)
There will definitely be sacrifices in that time, let me tell you. Not just by John and I, but my parents too. And John and I have gone over and over and over it with each other. But we decided to stop trying to keep up with the Jones' and do whatever it takes to achieve our dreams - the right way.
OMG, I am so excited I feel like it's Christmas!
Here's to getting exactly what you want, and being happy!!! :)

No comments: