September 22, 2009

My first Yosemite Trip, Sep 2009


This is one of the first scenes I saw after coming out of the huuuuge tunnel. We stopped at the first lookout station with all the other tourists who knew what was good for them. Breathtaking.


This is the same view as the one above I just walked around to a different spot.


And yet another amazing scene....all in front of me. I just turned slowly.


This is a shot of Vernal Falls. I hiked up with Robert; Cec petered out. I finally used one of the settings on my camera that purposely doesn't slow down motion....so that the water has a soft sort of fairy tale look. I love the effect. This hike (embarrassing to say) was pretty grueling. My fear of heights had plenty an opportunity to say hello to me. I am so glad I continued on. It was just amazing.

I don't know if you can see this, but on the left about the middle of the picture is a red dot (click on the picture). That is a person. A very silly person with a death wish. Anyway I made sure he was in there to give you perspective of the size of the waterfall and how far he would fall. Evil? Maybe just a tad.


Do you see that sign on the left? That is about 31/2 feet high. This was HUGE. Like a portal to an alien world.
On an entirely different note, the air is so CLEAN in Yosemite that I didn't stop taking deep breaths the whole time we were there. I kept saying "I think I am getting high on clean air!!!"


If I remember correctly this tree is called Giant Grizzly. See those tiny dots on the lower left? Those are people. This tree is an estimated 1,800 years old. Just amazing.

No comments: