February 27, 2008

Storyteller

While driving home from John's sister's house tonight Charlotte starts telling me this story. In the beginning I totally thought she was telling me something that actually happened. But when she got the the part with my mom picking up a frog and fixing it with tape, I was on the her! :) The complete story is below, keep in mind I was asking her questions as she told it, it didn't come out all in one line like this.

Charlotte's story:

(Note: one thing you have to know to get th beginning is that Uncle Robert had given her a carpenter's pencil, you know those orange flat pencils)

"Grammy has a pencil like this one (carpenter pencil) at her house but she lost it. And I was helping her look for it. Then I found it! Under her table! Grammy was tired and she wanted to lay down. In her bed. But there was a froggy. In her bed. Grammy picked it up by one of it's hand. (At this point I asked if the frog said "Rrrribit, help me, Rrrribit, help me!" And she said yes). Then Grammy picked it up by both of it's hands. But it broke. Then she 'fitzed' (this means 'fixed') it with tape. It was all better. Grammy was tired and laid down in her bed for night-night."

Pretty darn cute if you ask me

No comments: